Our approach to mentoring is different from most. Traditional mentoring programs are a one-way street where the new/young professionals learn from those that have been there a while. We believe that mentoring is not a one-way street… it is a multi-directional learning experience where everyone has something to learn from others, regardless of their experience level.
The workforce is experiencing an employment phenomenon, where three generations of workers are currently working together at the same time. Inherent in this “mash-up” are the differences in perspective each brings to your organization. All add value, but they are different and must be viewed in the right context to be deployed to best effect by nurturing and exploiting those differences.
There are those who view this new reality as a challenge, difficult to manage. Organizations who are present, and honor individuality and the collaborative process will see opportunities this great resource presents them. This is more than a mentorship or “reverse mentorship” program. This is an opportunity for you to create real cross-generational understanding within your team, expanding your organizational capability, effectiveness and success.
Our innovative approach leverages these different generations to help everyone understand the value each brings to your organization, and use those differences to develop teams that support the organization’s strategic goals.
Our Mentoring Partnership Program offers a unique way to achieve this. We custom develop your program and guide you throughout the process, supporting your program roll out from beginning to end.
We specialize in:
Clarifying the organization’s perspective for the program
- Aligning with organizational objectives
- Tying it to organizational strategy for development and succession planning
- Framing senior leadership enrollment
- Teaching team members enrollment
Delivering the program
- Team member pairing
- Participant orientation – setting foundation for being a mentor
- Provide customized learning in support of strategic business objectives
- Feedback and evaluation
Benefits to Your Organization and Team Members
Organization Benefits include:
- Inspire less experienced talent to identify with the organization and its culture by building stronger ties and working relationships.
- Retain the engagement of senior-level members with opportunities to learn while passing on their legacies.
- Sustain engagement and prevent loss of emerging talent.
- Enhance leadership capability and succession planning.
Team Member Benefits include:
- Receive desired customized learning in a one-on-one situation, convenient in time, place, and method.
- Create new and stronger bonds among colleagues.
- Expand knowledge, insights, and expertise in organizational, personal, and professional arenas as a two-way learning exchange.
- Develop larger professional networks by having access to a new range of contacts made possible by a mentoring partner.