Do you manage your virtual teams the same way as your in-house team members? If so, you are not alone. Developing effective team dynamics when all or part of the team are not located in the same office can be a challenge. The frustrations and turnover of remote workers is not inevitable. Learning how to work differently, keeping everyone engaged, feeling and behaving as a real team, you can achieve improved performance and results.
If you or your team work virtually some or all of the time, then this course is for you. Whether you’re a new or experienced leader, you and your team will benefit from the strategies and concepts you can immediately use to improve relationships and productivity.
What you’ll learn:
Learn how building and maintaining virtual relationships requires a different approach. Implement the keys to successful virtual teams by building effective habits and communication methods, setting expectations, and enabling collaboration.
Delivering the program
This course is delivered in a half-day workshop setting (4-hours). It is highly interactive session with a support workbook to help participants engage with the trainer and with each other to set a baseline for the team to move forward. Customization is available if the company already has processes and tools in place.
Leaders will learn how to effectively lead and collaborate virtually by adapting their behavior and approach to address the needs of your virtual team. Thinking differently about how you approach virtual interactions and employing new behaviors that build trust amongst team members sets you up to create a more motivating and productive workplace. By building trust and consciously thinking about information flow, you will learn how to create clear communication lines, encourage effective collaboration, implement consistency through creating and observing guidelines which set expectations. Team members will learn how to communicate their needs and better collaborate with their counterparts and leaders to become responsible participants in meetings and team activities.
It is also possible to deliver this workshop in a webinar session for remote workers. The interactive elements will take a different form and includes “homework” for effective retention. Webinars delivered in two 2-hour sessions.
Benefits to Your Organization and Team Members
Organization and Team Benefits include:
- Use your increased awareness of virtual mindset and information flow to create a productive and collaborative work environment.
- Design and deliver meetings that improve collaboration and communication.
- Collaborate with your team to create guidelines for successful virtual communications, collaboration, and meetings.
- Role model virtual best practices for your team and colleagues.
- Build trust within your team to improve credibility, communication, and productivity.
At the end of this course, the team will be able to:
- Explain the importance of shared accountability in virtual interactions.
- Build and maintain trust in a virtual setting.
- Develop effective communication pathways that support your entire team.
- Set team expectations that address productivity needs.
- Provide equitable opportunities for increased participation.
- Apply conscious information flow amongst the virtual team.
- Apply virtual meeting best practices.